This live training series covers how to deploy applications on Kubernetes, including containerization, automating with Terraform and GitHub Actions, managing services and storage, and implementing serverless deployments with Knative.
Session 2: Deployments, Services, ConfigMaps, and Secrets
- Automating Session 1:
- Terraform Kubernetes as our long term choice provisioning choice
- Clone a Node.js web application
- Build and Push the Container
- Provision Deployment
- Understanding Kubernetes Services:
- Internal K8S services
- External, internet-connected, and load balanced services
- Zero downtime app updates
- Managing Application environment variables (configuration) with ConfigMaps and Secrets.