"In this use case driven session we uncover the design choices, challenges and best practices when migrating scalemates.com (the largest scale modeling website in the world) from a single datacenter to a distributed automated cloud architecture on Akamai and Linode.
The main goal was improving performance of non cacheable HTML and API across the globe.
We will cover:
- Understanding the problem (speed of ultra dynamic content)
- Design options
- Picking the most impactful Datacenter locations
- Sizing and scalability options
- Load balancing considerations at the Edge
- Containerization (K8S) or not?
- Distributed data and caching concerns
- What to run at the Edge/Cloud?
- Automation using Terraform (CDN and Infra)
- When to stop automating
- Gradual rollout to validating results
- Results and Future improvements"